Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebucker reviews

[FONT=Times New Roman]Hi;

What can people tell me about the Dimebucker pickup? Is it designed for Tremelo only or can you put it on a standard bridge? I would like to put it on my converted Washburn PS500. What would complement this pickup - Pearly gates?

I am also currently playing a custom built Les Paul with Duncan Custom / '59 pickups
    Check out www.freddysfrets.com
    if ya wanna see my guitar !!

Thanks for the help

Re: Dimebucker reviews

i currently have the dimebucker in the bridge of a dean cadilac that has a fixed bridge. I love the way it sounds. so far i have tried it with a 59 neck cause thats the setup dime used. I also tried it with a jazz and a pearly gates neck and like the results with both but thats me everyone likes something different.

Comment

Cause the dime is a rail pickup instead of pole piece it will work for either standard or trem spaced guitars.
      "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
      you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

i have it on my B.C Rich beast and it works fine with the tremolo. It just sounds really powerful and i consider it as some kind of cross between the DD and the Invader. I love it and it's accompanied by a full shred neck
        - 03 B.C. Rich Custom Shop Stealth EMG 81(n)/89(m)/60(n)
        - 04 Malmsteen Sig. Strat DMZ HS-3(b)/YJM(m)/YJM(n)
        - 05 Line 6 Variax 700
        - 08 Schecter C-7 Hellraiser Blackout N/B
        - 04 B.C. Rich NJ beast(Speedloader) SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
        - 99 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
        - Clarity(by Johnson) Ovation Copy
        - Takamine acoustic(not sure abut year and model)
        -Engl Sovereign 100 Vintage 1x12 Combo + Engl Pro 4x12 (V30s)

Comment

Here's what I hear from the Dimebucker (in a basswood, maple neck, rosewood board, floyd guitar). It's like a sludgey Distortion, mixed with some Telecaster twang, and some slime poured over top. Best harmonics of any Duncan I've used yet.

A player's tone is obviously the end result of many factors, but there's A LOT of Dime in this thing.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Everyone has given a well description of the Dime so far; I only hope I can do the same!

The Dime is a pretty clean pickup--It does not have a huge amount of distortion like some might believe--and does a good job of actually letting you hear the tone from your guitar. The Dime is a VERY consistant pickup and, from the experience I've had, sounds the same in every guitar, thus letting you hear the tonal differences in guitars.

The tone is amazing, you can really tell Dime had a lot of say with this thing: It sounds like a cross between the invader and the distortion; it has a really corpulent tone that stays clear when you put it under a LOT of gain. It also holds together well when you crank your amp to '11.' The cleans are exceptional, too, insofar as it almost sounds like a strat when you get the clean channel going and turn down the volume down on your guitar to 1 or 2.

I've had great results with the SH-10 in the neck, too.

And, as said before, you can use it in almost any guitar because it has rails which negates problems with Tremolo and standard spaced guitars--this is a really cool feature that some tend to over look!

I hope all this jibber-jabber helps you in some way or another.

keep rockin'
            This space is for rent.

Comment

Working...
            X