Some pup voltages.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pup voltages.

I brought my Patriot in to work today to do a couple of wiring changes, and decided to throw it up on a 'scope to get some voltage measurements.

Distortion neck: 1.2 - 1.6 volts pk-pk, 200mv - 300mv RMS
    Distortion split: 600mv pk-pk, 140mv RMS

Peavey Super Ferrite: 800mv - 1v pk-pk, 150mv - 175mv RMS

This was all done strumming an open E chord at moderate strength.

As I bring more into work, I'll post more.

Re: Some pup voltages.

Hey Artie thanks for the info man! I was wondering how strong those super ferrites were. Mine measure 5.8-6k ohms of DC resistance, but I knew they were fairly hot output-wise.

Luke
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Hey Luke; Mine measure 5.55k. What interesting, is they have way more high-frequency content than the Distortion. So much so, that it sounds like you lay a blanket over the speaker when you switch to the DD.

The two play together, though, very nicely.

I'm going to try and add several more pups to the list tomorrow.

Comment

thanks artie ... this would be great info to have to see if there is any correlation with DC resistance ... off course there are variables (the cable you ran from the guitar, the way you played, etc) .. but as long as you are the one playing and using the same cable, etc, they are mitigated for qualitative comparison ... and of course they dont give us frequency response, but rather an average across the spectrum ...

but still, i think it's cool - thanks

cheers
        bc
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Artie your comparison to the distortion is would be...MOST helpful. That's is what I"m looking at putting in mine.

Luke
          “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

I'm going to try to take all three of my Peavey's in tomorow, and measure all the pups as close as possible.

So, I'll be posting the Distortion, 59 neck and bridge, Quarter Pound, tapped and full-on, and a C5.

I'll try to be consistent with my "strumming".

Comment

Working...
            X