finally!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally!!!!

finally i choose the '59 for the neck and Hot Rails for bridge!!!!!! what pu can i put in the middle for fenderish sound and hi output?

Re: finally!!!!

I don't really understand it, but for the Hard rock/metal query the tone wizard puts a SSL-1 or and APS-1 in the middle position. I would have expected a SSL-5 or 6, or a quarter pounder in the middle slot.

The SSL-1 and APS-1 don't seem to fit. Can someone explain this?
    Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
    -Conrad Hilton

Comment

Originally posted by pentachris
      what pu can i put in the middle for fenderish sound and hi output?
      Fenderish sound and high output don't really go together IMO. Which one is more important, "fenderish" sound or high output? I'm not sure how you'd get both from one pickup.
      After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

The hot or custom would be my choice for a middle with fender-esque twang. The hot stack would be a quieter alternative.

The Quarter Pound is a great choice if you want high output and a fender single meets a P90 type of sound.

As far as the tone wizard goes; I think it needs to be updated/tweaked, because it never recommends certain pups. That would explain the SSL1 recommendation. Most folks feel like a lower output pup signal sent into a high gain amp usually make for the smoothest sweetest sound which would also explain the SSL1.

The APS makes sense to me because it is a thicker sounding pup than the SSL1 due to the mids.

Luke
        “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Working...
        X