Who ships to Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who ships to Europe?

Rip off Britain continues to make any purchases of "foreign goods" extremely expensive. In some extreme circumstances, it is actually cheaper to fly to the States yourself and collect to cut down on shipping. Of course, you would have to declare it at customs and pay the relevant duty ;-) If the internet gives you the opportunity to purchase cheaper and you're willing to take the risk, I say go for it. It's less of a gamble then buying off Ebay.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by stevie_bees
      Rip off Britain continues to make any purchases of "foreign goods" extremely expensive. In some extreme circumstances, it is actually cheaper to fly to the States yourself and collect to cut down on shipping. Of course, you would have to declare it at customs and pay the relevant duty ;-) If the internet gives you the opportunity to purchase cheaper and you're willing to take the risk, I say go for it. It's less of a gamble then buying off Ebay.

Damn right sir!

RANT:

The risk of broken pickups and not having 21 day deal return is present and correct as evan/alex mentioned. But can you tell me why shops (i can name them if needed) in london sell a Screamin Demon for £95-£105, daylight robbery. Double the price and more of a shop in the USA perhaps, even including Vat and taxes people would still save. I probably wouldnt even get them fitted/unfitted/returned anyway within 21 days.

Ebay users/shops in the usa would ship abroad so whats the deal with american stores. Is my money not good enough for the american market? Green is Green to me.

What is it that would annoy you about me ordering from the usa rather than here in the uk. If the uk dealers can't keep up with quality of service/shipping ala black rose, music 123 etc and prices tough luck.

I am quite willing to pay VAT and shipping and other taxing charges than pay through the nose over here and have some snotting nose stuck up store assistant telling my the best pickup for my would be one of the ones thats been sitting on there shelves for months. (actually happened!)

The european distributors/guitar shops are severly taking the p!?£ out of the customers. Maybe their pricing structures are out of your hands?, none of my business i'm only a customer.

Thing is, i can't understand if i wanted a custom shop pickup, which i may in the future, why would i be stupid enough to go to my local uk duncan dealer and get shafted big time, In any sense i would order direct from you.

Another way around exporting of pickups would be to open an online SEYMOUR DUNCAN store, logistically i dont know if it would make sense for you but at least you would have more control of the internet shopping market.

I have barked a bit in this message, but being a fan of seymour duncan pickups i have not meant to offend but only to make some points, i am entitled to voice my opinion and also entitled to take my business away from uk shops if i choose.
      Last edited by andybowers; 03-12-2005, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Succinctly put Andy. It so annoys me that you have to pay through the nose to get quality US built instruments, pickups, parts etc... I would love the opportunity to mix and match pickups, and experiment with my setup as you guys in the States are able to do. But at the prices here it's just not possible. I am looking at replacing the Lace Sensors in my Strat with SD pickups, and have asked for advice else where in this forum. Trouble is $200-250 in the US can easily translate to double that in £UK. GRRRR

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Working...
        X