Pickups for hss charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups for hss charvel

So iīm about to change the pickups in my charvel (22 fret,bolt on,floyd, maple board, poplar body) and was thinking about a custom/hotrails combo.
    I think just get the neck and bridge pickups replaced for now btw.
    My big question is: how hot is the neck version of the hotrail?

I DONīT Like a big effect drop when i switch to the neck pickup for leads.
    Would some other single sized bucker work better for that?

And please feel free to suggest another nice combo...

Iīm looking for something that sounds fat, but still with clarity, and would also like to be able of getting a good split sound from the neck pickup.

Re: Pickups for hss charvel

i know that i've heard the JB / HR / HR combo before and it sounds incredible both clean and driven ... very nice balance across the guitar - no worries there ... i bet a custom / HR / HR would sound pretty sweet too ..

i've not tried a rails split, so i cant tell ya what it'd do ...

good luck
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Man
      i have a H-S Charvel Fusion Deluxe
      i have the hotrails, but not installed it yet because of the snap on the baseplate that not fit the pickup cavity .so, i canīt give you an idea of the sound of the hotrails Neck.
      but iīll give you my OK for the custom custom Bridge
      it is awesome
      my guitar has the same woods as yourīs, just have a fretboard made of ROSEWOOD, and yourīs maple 1 peice, right?
      check it out here
      tuned in D
      Sound Clips and Playing Tips. Post Your MP3 links here as well as Q/A regarding guitar playing. Recording gear questions posted here.
      Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
      Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
      Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
      Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
      Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
      Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
      Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
      Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Actually itīs a 2 pice maple, but that doesnīt make that much of a diffrence i guess...

Does you CC have enough highs and lows? I know it has lots of mids, which i like, but is it to warm for some crunchy hard rock/heavey metal tones?

And thanks to you both for the help

Comment

Working...
        X