4 pickup guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 pickup guitar?

I was just thinking, does anyone think it'd be possible to cut anouther hole in a strat for example and have 4 pickups? would there be a way of wiring it up? what d'you think it'd sound like? Bear in mind i'm not thinkin of trying it - just wondered if it'd be possible lol

James

Re: 4 pickup guitar?

Check out the old Ernie Ball Steve Morse model.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
    My Music

Comment

what kind of pickups? i know this odd ball guy who put 5 singles into his strat style guitar. it sounds ok but looks very stupid.

Comment

yeah i know. For that same reason I dont like the looks of Stev Morse guitar. Ok I agree it is very versitile but ugly.
        sigpic
        Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
        JFG Flying V,
        "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
        John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Find Nigel Tufnel's signature guitar.
          Current Guitars: 2016 Gibson SG Special 70's Tribute, 2016 Gibson Classic Goldtop
          Current Amp: Mesa/Boogie Mark V > 2x12
          Current Effects Pedal: PettyJohn Chime, Fulltone Clyde, EQD Grand Orbiter, Empress VMSD
          Current G.A.S: moar Les Pauls - The list just keeps changing!

Comment

I love how it says the notes on the Fretboard.
            I would not be ashamed of playing a guitar that looks like that.

Rock On
            ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
            2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
            Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

oh I sure would- whats with the tachometer¿?
              My recordings ---> www.soundclick.com/donlduk

My guitar----> www.geocities.com/luiguibanez/v350

Comment

Originally posted by DonLduk
                oh I sure would- whats with the tachometer¿?
                I believe that when you pull one of the knobs, the tach lights up. Purely aesthetic.
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Fender built a guitar in the 60's that never went past prototype stages...it had 4 pickups, Steve Howe from you has a LP Custom with 4 buckers, there is the Steve Moorse guitar, but in truth I feel that most guitar players don't use what they have to it's fullest...
                  If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                    ...I feel that most guitar players don't use what they have to it's fullest...
                    I agree with you on this 100%. I love all 5 positions on my Strat, but when I'm doing serious playing with somebody, I rarely use more than the neck or bridge alone.

Don't even get me started on mini-switches and all that sh*t...
                    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Kac
                      being a car guy/motorhead that's one of my all time favorite guitars...it's just crazy and over the top and as silly as could be but just looks cool in it's own way! i also read somewhere that the tach needle moves depending on picking attack on the strings but i'm not sure on that one.

-Mike
                      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Anybody heard of Teisco? Or Hound Dog Taylor? Los Straijackets and DiPinto guitars?

The unofficial home of vintage Teisco guitars

Enjoy!
                        Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                        X