Bridge HB for swamp ash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bridge HB for swamp ash?

[QUOTE=Farmer Ted]I have a swamp ash strat, maple neck/board, non floating floyd rose that I could not find a bridge hum that I liked. I tried the cc/59 hybrid and others. I just tried the screamin demon with the hex poles replaced with screws and put an a2 mag in it and its perfect for this guitar.
    /QUOTE]

Are the hex poles and standard bucker screws interchangable?

Comment

Are the hex poles and standard bucker screws interchangable?

Yea on the screamin demon they fit but they were kinda loose. I wrapped the threads in a little teflon pipe tape and they were tight. Another option might be to use a little wax or loctite.

Comment

Custom Custom
        I jsut got one from Lew and is Rocks. It tames some of the brightness and adds a little looseness that sounds great. But still has enough highs. I think it does some EVH really well in ash.
        Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
        Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
        Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
        Epiphone LP Special w/JB
        Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
        Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
        1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
        Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

Originally posted by superpete
          Yeah, the A2 magnet seems to be what I need to tame the brightness, but it also is the mag least compatible with my style. All the clips I hear just sound too round and not aggressive enough. I think I need a 59/Custom hybrid I've been reading so much about!

I'm using a Hybrid A5 59/Custom right now in the bridge of my Love Rock LP...It's very articulate,tight,has strong tight lows,and alot of highend chime and great output and sustain.I'd say the pickup reminds me of a cross between the 59 or PG but with the aggression of the C5.It's alot better to me now than when it had the A2 magnet in place..I also picked up a 59B today really cheap and I want to compare that to the Hybrid in my guitar right now..
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by superpete
            Yeah, the A2 magnet seems to be what I need to tame the brightness, but it also is the mag least compatible with my style. All the clips I hear just sound too round and not aggressive enough. I think I need a 59/Custom hybrid I've been reading so much about!
            A5 and ceramic too bright, A2 not aggressive enough, eh? I recommend Alnico 3 or 4.

And I'll second the recommendation of the Custom Custom.
            Generic signature line.

Comment

Working...
            X