humbucker for godin LG with SP90s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• humbucker for godin LG with SP90s

I'm looking for a tougher sound out of my guitar. I love the clean sound my soapbox duncans give me.. but I'm looking to switch out one of the pick-ups and replace it with something to give me a better distorted sound.. My friend and fellow band-mate asked which spot I was going to switch it for as well and I didn't have a clue.. should I switch out the top pick-up or the bottom one. I'm guessing the bottom because I play down there more and palm muting is a frequent action.

My local guitar shop guy said if I found the pick-up I wanted, he would order it for me. So I was browsing around and I'd like to stick with Seymour Duncan brand to match the other pick-up. But, I don't want to have to hack into my guitar and reshape the body at all. I need something that will fit. Thankyou for your help. It is much appreciated.

- botchla

Re: humbucker for godin LG with SP90s

You have quality pickups in there now. What models are in there? This clip from Jolly highlights how hardcore a P-90 can be.http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Vi...hp?eltid=25758

Comment

Re: humbucker for godin LG with SP90s

hmm.. well when my friend plugged it into his 100 watt marshall amp his jay turser sounded way more hardcore then my guitar.. I was disapointed with the sound.. I guess it was because we didnt really toggle with the settings but it was just disapointing when it was distorted. Maybe I am just over worrying.. I was just psyched to have two different pick-ups for some reason.. anyway. thanx for your input

Comment

Working...
      X