banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member/ single coil sized Pearly Gates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member/ single coil sized Pearly Gates?

Hi, I'm new here. I have a pair of Pearly Gates in my Love Rock & love them. I also have a Strat with a Tele 4 way switch & a pot to blend in the middle pickup with the 4 combinations offered by the switch. The Bridge & Neck are Fralin Blues Specials & the middle is a Little '59. I just saw where the Custom Shop here offers a Pearly Gates for Strat. Anybody try it, & if so how does it compare to the Little '59? I've never gotten anything through the CS before.

Re: New member/ single coil sized Pearly Gates?

Originally posted by SouthPhoenixDave
    Hi, I'm new here. I have a pair of Pearly Gates in my Love Rock & love them. I also have a Strat with a Tele 4 way switch & a pot to blend in the middle pickup with the 4 combinations offered by the switch. The Bridge & Neck are Fralin Blues Specials & the middle is a Little '59. I just saw where the Custom Shop here offers a Pearly Gates for Strat. Anybody try it, & if so how does it compare to the Little '59? I've never gotten anything through the CS before.

I have one, it is pretty much a lil 59 with an alnico II bar magnet, where the lil 59 was a ceramic. I like it, it has a strong bass and pretty strong but not over bearing mids and the treble is smooth and sweet...very cool pickup.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Thanks, guy who invented fire. Sounds like a good thing to try at some point.

Comment

Hey Dave; Welcome to the forum.

Which Love Rock? Some of those are cool guitars. Feel like a mini-review?

Comment

Thanks, Artie. I'm not sure of the model number but it has the basic Les Paul look,as opposed to the kinda different newer Love Rocks, with the rounded cutaways etc. I understand it was made in Korea, so it's not one of the top of the line Tokais. It's light & comfortable. Since putting in the right pickups & adding a Tone Pros bridge/tailpiece set & locking Grovers it sounds rock solid. I don't have a picture I could share but I'll try to find one. It has a two piece flamed top & a three piece body. The center section is pretty wide so there's just a couple of wings.

Comment

Working...
          X