Megadeth RIP pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megadeth RIP pickup?

I heard that Dave Mustaine was using the X2N pickup back to the day Rust in Peace. But from the Holy war video in Rusted Pieces DVD, it can be seen that the X2N was on the neck position, while the bridge pickup had an ordinary humbucker look (two row of dots). Anyone know what the bridge pickup is? May it be a JB (I don't think a JB can balance with an X2N on the neck, as the latter is extremely hot)?
    Slay, slayer, and the slayest!

Re: Megadeth RIP pickup?

I always thought he used the jb for Rust In Peace, maybe not. I am almost positive he used a Lawrence L500XL bridge for Peace Sells though.

Comment

They emailed me back and said both him and marty friedman recorded rust in peace with DUNCAN JB ON THE BRIDGE.
      Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
      Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
      Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
      Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
      Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
      Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
      Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
      Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

I recall seeing ads of him with his signature V, which had a Lawrence XL-500 bridge and Jackson neck pickup

Comment

other way around the JB was in the bridge and the lawrence was in the neck. The signature King V I used to have came loaded that way.
          "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
          you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Thanks for all the inputs.

This makes sense as I can't tell XL500 and X2N apart from the video. Anyway I don't think X2N can be a good neck pup.

Originally posted by Edgecrusher
            other way around the JB was in the bridge and the lawrence was in the neck. The signature King V I used to have came loaded that way.
            Slay, slayer, and the slayest!

Comment

Working...
            X