Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What goes well in a HSS Strat?

Hello!

I have a HSS Strat that has a JB in the Bridge position. I have a 59/Custom Hybrid on the shelf also for the same guitar. What would the group suggest for single coils in the middle and neck position for the JB? Or the 59/Custom? I'm open to all suggestions.

BD

Re: What goes well in a HSS Strat?

I dig the Hybrid with a STK-S4s. Or an STK-S4 and a Five Two...if you wire it correctly, all positions will be humbucking. I wrote a blog about how I did it.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I used the five-two in the neck and middle with the 59/custom hybrid in my HSS Strat (similar to your avatar with a maple fretboard). I loved how the 59/custom split with the middle pickup giving some very nice tones and the pickups balanced well volume wise. The hybrid alone can be very bright, which is why I switched it to an A2 magnet.

Comment

I finally finished it, keeping the original S-1 switching with a 57/Custom, and two Custom Stacks (stk-6)for middle and neck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, hows it sound?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

On my poplar bodied Jackson Dinky i went with a Full Shred/Vintage Rails/Cool Rails. Very versatile sounds, especially when coubled with a push/pull to switch the Cool Rails between series/parallel and a 10 position Freeway blade switch.
            Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Working...
            X