help about humbuckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help about humbuckers

Hello! I need some advice about humbuckers.... I saw a neat picture and bluesy nickname at your profile and I decided that you might be the right person for my question...

I want to find a mellow sound for blues,jazz and rock-a-billy (j.j. cale, melvin taylor, brian setzer...)

I have a hollowbody ibanez artcore and i was thinking about ibanez super 58 (installed on pat metheny signature guitar) but i want to check out Seymour Duncan too-I heard some good sounds from s.d.
    Otherwise I play original american strat `79, so i want to find something diffrent but also good-i am aware that age does its magic so i do not seek a miracle out of artcore but something for stage performance quality of mentioned music.

P.S. I play from the heart but with these factory installed pickups on ibanez It`s imposible-eather they have too much output or too little-there is no point in beetwen-and i`ve tried everything-I lowered them,I lifted them but no point in beetwen-too much crunch on my fender deluxe or too little-but it`s cheap guitar, though made quite good-nice bodywork, vintage tremolo system and no string buzzing,but i figuered that pickups can`t be too good so I`m looking for a solution.

thank you very much, greetings from Slovenia;->peace MaRe
    Live fast, die young and make a good looking corpse.
    sex drugs and r&r

Re: help about humbuckers

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

For what you want, I would either go with the Seymour Duncan Phat Cat set or with the TV Jones TV 'Tron set. The Phat Cats will be very close to the osund of traditional Gibson P-90 pickups, but made to fit into a normal humbucker cavity. The TV'Trons will also be made to fit into a humbucker cavity, but will be very close to the sound of old Gretsch Filter'Tron pickups (that's what Brian Setzer uses).

Good luck.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Benjy,

Nice call

Jeff
      "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrec
        Benjy,

Nice call

Jeff

Thank you , sir.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
          Thank you , sir.

You are most welcome!
          "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Working...
          X