banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOU play in a Hard Rock band . . . what pick up would you put in this guitar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: YOU play in a Hard Rock band . . . what pick up would you put in this guitar ?

Either:
    1. Dimarzio Super 2 because it sounds 'similar' in the neck to a super d in the bridge, or, slightly more metal than hard rock
    2. EMG81TW, wired so that the humbucker mode volume is the same as the single mode, with a RPC.

Comment

Re: YOU play in a Hard Rock band . . . what pick up would you put in this guitar ?

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      I swear I saw an electric with no pickups, only a piezo once.
      I think Line6 had a Variax like that at one point. I recall seeing Steve Howe use it with Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        I swear I saw an electric with no pickups, only a piezo once.
        parker did that with the spanish fly, not sure who else

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          Man - this thread has sown more dissent than anything the Democrats or Republicans could ever do!!!

We are all over the freaking map here...
          How about this?

I second your recommendation.

Neck version? Or bridge in the neck?

Comment

Originally posted by blaise.brown.7967 View Post
            JB.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

. . . funny thing is, i could never gell with the JB.

I tried it in the bridge pos. of an Epi Custom LP, and it sounded so thin to my ears.
            Could just work in the neck pos. though.
            Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
              Thus my choice of the Deathbucker. Even in the neck position with the tone rolled all the way off and a sick amount of distortion, it doesn't mud out.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk
              W O W . . . better look into those Lace units then.
              Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Working...
              X