Bill Lawrence single coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Lawrence single coils

Has anyone played using bills single coils? In particular the L-280's and L-290's. Ive heard that the 290's are more modern sounding compared to the 280's with less highs and more mids but i would like to hear more in depth talk bout how they sound clean and when overdriven. Im planning on putting of these 2 in the neck position of my strat. Thanks in advance.

Re: Bill Lawrence single coils

I have never used Bill Lawrence pickups. For some readon or another, they have never appealed to me. I have heard others rave about them; but for some reason, I never have had a desire to even try them...
    -Butch

Comment

Re: Bill Lawrence single coils

I have Bill Lawrence L280s in three Strat-style guitars (neck/middle) and love them dearly. They have a great vintage bite without any noise at all. FWIW, I also have an L290 in the bridge of one Strat and also like that a lot. That's the most Fender-ish sounding setup of the three in all five positions.

Of note also is that these guitars still quack well in the bridge/middle position, though the guitar with the L290 does that the best. The others are close, though.

I can't recommend these highly enough. I've tried dozens of pickups over the last 20 years - these are the ones I love.

I do have Duncans in the bridge position of the other two Strats - Pearly Gates and L'il Screamin' Demon. Great tones and they work well with the Lawrences.

Comment

Working...
      X