banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choosing... S-D C/S Pearly Gates, BK Stormy Monday, or WIZZ. Which ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing... S-D C/S Pearly Gates, BK Stormy Monday, or WIZZ. Which ones?

I have no experience with any of these. The WIZZ use A4 magnets, vs A2 in the others. I'm running an A4 in a 498T, and I must say, it sounds quite awesome. Much better than the BK Mule that I was using last year. Given the higher impedance of the 498T, one would expect it to be dark, but it's not. Weird.

These will be going into a 1996 LP Custom. Which would you choose, for late 60''s, 70's, and early 80's rock? No RATT, Motley, post RR Ozzy, Dokken, etc...

Re: Choosing... S-D C/S Pearly Gates, BK Stormy Monday, or WIZZ. Which ones?

Anyone?

Comment

Only ones I have experience with are the Pearly Gates so I can't help compare them but I can give you my experience, for whatever that's worth.

The PG set has become one of my favorites, they sound so good. SO good. I think the bridge would definitely be in the wheelhouse of the 60's and 70's for sure. It cuts and chimes and sounds great. I have been playing them today and yesterday a lot through a Blackstar HT-40 Kentucky and a Vox AC15 2x12 with alnico blue/greenback combo and the sum of these parts all sounded fantastic to me. The renowned Vox breakup and chime sounded classic in every way. The neck is the smoothest pickup I've ever tried in my LP traditional. I've had the 59, Jazz, Black Winter, Sentient, Gibson Classic and PG neck in there and it is my favorite of them all. Warm and big like the 59 but smooth and not too much in the LP.

Good luck however you go!

Comment

Still considering the SD CS PG's.
        Last edited by 67Mopar; 08-16-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X