Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning my volume pot into a tone ?

Hi everyone,

I haven't been active for almost 8 years now and the reason is simple: i reached a spot where i was so satisfied with my gear that i just stopped buying stuff. Simply put new gear i was trying simply wasn't sounding better than the one i already owned. I did try a couple of very expensive stuff that was really good but all it did was reinforce the fact that my gear was also sounding very good without having to spend that kind of money. And i found the right pickups for every seven of my guitars.

Anyway, one of my all time favourites is a Burny and has a built in sustainer. That makes the electonics hard to alter because it has a complicated circuitry. The guitar has one single Volume pot with a kill switch.

I dont need the volume but i would like to have a tone instead, with a .33 cap
    But i can't add a tone because the circuut compartement is filled with the sustainers board.

I was wondering if i could turn the volume pot into a tone by adding a cap ?
    Or is there some kind of alternative like some mini size tone pots ?
    I am not well versed into electronics please forgive my lack of knowledge.
    Koch studiotone
    Big Muff
    DOD Preamp Overdrive
    Krank MMV Distortion

Re: Turning my volume pot into a tone ?

Yup. I think this will work, but happy to be corrected.

Take the output wire from lug 2 of the volume pot and put it on lug 1 with the input wire. Then put your tone cap between lugs 2 and 3 (presuming 3 is wired to ground)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Turning my volume pot into a tone ?

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
      Yup. I think this will work, but happy to be corrected.

Take the output wire from lug 2 of the volume pot and put it on lug 1 with the input wire. Then put your tone cap between lugs 2 and 3 (presuming 3 is wired to ground)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's just perfect i'll try that thanks.
      Koch studiotone
      Big Muff
      DOD Preamp Overdrive
      Krank MMV Distortion

Comment

Working...
      X