banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SSL-5 in Bridge on Powerhouse w/dummy coil - do I need RWRP, and where to find it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSL-5 in Bridge on Powerhouse w/dummy coil - do I need RWRP, and where to find it?

The title says it all... I have a MIM Strat Powerhouse which uses a dummy coil and an active preamp. Pretty sure I do need the RWRP but all I can find are middle in that RWRP version, not bridge... mounted in the bridge will that Middle Pup sound essentially the same as a standard wound Bridge SSL-5?

As far as I can tell the existing pickups are standard Fenders, although on the spec sheet they call them " Powerhouse Ultra-Quiet Single-Coil Strat® Pickups ". I want to keep the noise cancellation in positions 2 & 4.

I know I can reverse the leads for polarity, but the direction of the winding is crucial to the dummy coil working properly (it does help a bit with noise, not a panacea but it's worth keeping). Also considering trying a Fat 50 in the bridge, but I'm looking for a gilmourish tone in the bridge so the SSL-5 is my first choice for now.

Thanks!

Re: SSL-5 in Bridge on Powerhouse w/dummy coil - do I need RWRP, and where to find it

Only difference between "middle" and "bridge" SSL-5 is that middle-label is rwrp.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
    X