.25 or 1/4'' thick alnico 2 mags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .25 or 1/4'' thick alnico 2 mags?

Anybody know where I can find the thicker alnico 2 bar magnets? A seller on ebay used to sell them but cant find him on there anymore. Thanks!

Re: .25 or 1/4'' thick alnico 2 mags?

I got double thickness A8s through Cermag for a Distortion set and an extra thick A5 for a Seymourizer. They don't list A2s in that thickness but they might be able to make you some.

Here's a link to forum member cermag's post on my original 2017 thread when I was looking for double thick A8s; he said they could bond two together and then remagnetize them as one magnet. I imagine they could probably do the same with A2s.

And here's a link to the current extra thick alnico listing on their site (although it says double width, it means double thickness).

PS: I had great service and fast shipping in my transaction with Cermag.
    Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 08-21-2019, 09:26 PM.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Thanks for the info! Sent them a message. If they can make the thicker A2's ill be sure to report back so everyone knows.

Comment

What about stacking two regular ones?
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

From what I can gather or have read its not quit the same as having one solid piece. Never tried it personally though.

Comment

Two magnets stacked the way they are won’t work. They need to be bonded and then magnetized as one together. Which I think anybody could actually do. It’s just a means of asking I suppose.

Comment

Just learned that Cermag can definitely make doublethick A2s.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I talked to Cermag and they are making me 3 of the double thick A2 magnets. Super great people to deal with and very accomidating to requests.

Comment

Working...
                X