NPD SD JD Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD SD JD Tele

I’ve had it for ages but for some reason put out installing it. After recommending the JD here a couple of times this week I thought I should follow my own advice since I didn’t currently own a Tele with one. I just installed it this evening and it’s great, as expected. Very Tele but not “too Tele”.

It also plays great in series with the middle (low output strat) pickup and in parallel with the SD Antiquity P90. I think I’m good for a while with this one

Last edited by Blille; 09-02-2019, 11:42 PM.

Re: NPD SD JD Tele

looks good! whats the middle pup? the series bridge/middle can be a cool setting, i find it the most useful of the two singles in series options. betcha that guitar sounds great all around!

Comment

That is a good looking guitar. I dig the angled switch, too.

The JD Is my fav traditional Tele pickup.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        looks good! whats the middle pup? the series bridge/middle can be a cool setting, i find it the most useful of the two singles in series options. betcha that guitar sounds great all around!
        Thanks! It does sound great.

The middle is a Q Pickup, a European winder that was the cheapest to do a tappable classic strat pickup. I wanted to try putting the tapped middle in series with the bridge. That worked but I ended up preferring the full pickup in series. It’s a nice sounding classic pickup.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        That is a good looking guitar. I dig the angled switch, too.

The JD Is my fav traditional Tele pickup.
        Thanks! The angle change is subtle but makes a difference when you’re playing.

It’s a great pickup

Comment

Great choice of pickups [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
          X