Mustang Antiquity II question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Antiquity II question

Hi all. Sorry if this has been covered before, but here goes. I have a CIJ (mid 90s) Mustang 69 Reissue. I am very happy with the neck PU but I find the bridge PU really anemic regardless of how high or low I position it. I am considering swapping only the bridge PU for an Antiquity II 60s Myth Replacement Fender Mustang Bridge Pickup. Can anyone comment on the tone/output differences between this replacement and the stock CIJ pickup? I don't want an icepick, just good, full output. Thanks in advance.

Re: Mustang Antiquity II question

Welcome to the forum!

The Ant Mustang bridge won't give you full output. You'd have to go for something hotter. Unfortunately there are no hotter stock mustangs. There is the hot Jaguar though, as a suggestion.
    Last edited by Clint 55; 09-03-2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Re: Mustang Antiquity II question

I have a hot Jaguar set in a Mustang - It works/fits fine but I imagine so would any hot Strat pickup, of which there are many choices. Make sure to get flat pole pieces so they fit better under the covers.

(A true ‘Mustang’ pickup diverged tiny bits over the years, however in general is the same construction as a Strat pickup - but with magnets flat to the bobbin. This is different even than a non-staggered Strat pickup which still has the magnets somewhat above the bobbin, still a non-staggered Strat pickup will work fine.)
      Last edited by Silence Kid; 09-03-2019, 09:28 AM.
      Originally posted by King Buzzo
      I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Working...
      X