Wiring in a toggle switch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring in a toggle switch.

I have a HSH stratocaster with a three way slide switch.
    I need help with wiring a toggle switch ON/OFF/ON.
    To let me select bridge and middle pickups together
    and bridge and neck together...but i don,t want a blend pot.

if anyone can help that would be great.
    regards to all.

Re: Wiring in a toggle switch.

Do you mean you ONLY want those two pickup options? Never any pickup by itself?
    Because if you are trying to add the bridge/neck to the usual options there are a couple ways to make that happen.

Comment

I have each pickup on the three way slide switch,and would like a toggle switch to give me bridge and middle together/and bridge and neck together when switched either way.
      thank you for any help
      regards

Comment

Really, the easiest thing to do is use an on on switch. Run a wire from the switch to the three way blade switch for the front and middle on one side and back and middle on the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A little more info please...

So right now you have a "slide switch" that selects bridge, or middle, or neck (I've never seen a Strat like that! All that I have seen have either a 3-way or 5-way blade switch)?
          And you want to ADD a toggle to that arrangement to select bridge/middle and bridge/neck to that existing setup?

If this is the case, it won't work with the two switches the way you want. The toggle will always take precedence no matter what position the "slide" is in.

However, if you mean that you have a conventional Strat 3-way blade switch, just replace it with a 5-way switch. This will give you the usual combinations (bridge, bridge + middle, middle, middle + neck, and neck). Then you could add a simple SPST toggle switch to add-in the neck pup to the bridge position. This would also allow you to get all three pups when in position #2 (bridge + middle) of your selector switch.
          Last edited by GuitarDoc; 09-13-2019, 08:17 AM.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
          X