American Elite Strat SSH, the N4's gotta go,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Elite Strat SSH, the N4's gotta go,

Bought this guitar cause I love the way it plays/feels. The Fender gen4 noiseless in the neck and middle gotta go.
    Was wondering, with this guitars compound radius neck, and I use 9's, would I be better off with the vintage flats or custom flats
    in the neck and middle as opposed to a staggered pole?

Looking for more chime and quack, clarity, string to string and pup to pup balance.

Thank you,

Duff

Re: American Elite Strat SSH, the N4's gotta go,

I'd use flats if you have the choice. Depending on what tone you want, you can use either vintage or higher output. An SSL-2/SSL-2/SSL-6 is a solid choice.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Couldn’t agree more. They have an amazing neck but those pickups do have to go. I would only go staggered for 7.25 radius personally. Anything else, flat.

Comment

I thought you meant Nuno Bettencourt’s N4 Lol. I was like dude naw.

Comment

I actually think the N4s sound decent. I was planning on replacing them, but they perform at least as good as Dimarzios to me.

If you are going to vintage style pickups, I completely understand though. I’d go for flats with the compound radius of the Elite necks.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            I actually think the N4s sound decent. I was planning on replacing them, but they perform at least as good as Dimarzios to me.
            Funny thing is that maybe if I listened to you playing I would have agreed. But the thing that was strange to me was how they responded as I played. I get a similar feeling with Laces but significantly less than with the N4s.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
              Funny thing is that maybe if I listened to you playing I would have agreed. But the thing that was strange to me was how they responded as I played. I get a similar feeling with Laces but significantly less than with the N4s.
              I understand.... I’ve hated Laces but it’s dialed back enough that maybe I don’t mind. Also, this guitar is my jack of all trades guitar, I prefer all the traditional single loaded ones, but not the hum when I want quiet. We’ll see, I was considering just going to HSH Fluence on it for something completely different.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                I understand.... I’ve hated Laces but it’s dialed back enough that maybe I don’t mind. Also, this guitar is my jack of all trades guitar, I prefer all the traditional single loaded ones, but not the hum when I want quiet. We’ll see, I was considering just going to HSH Fluence on it for something completely different.
                I run a set of classic stacks + 4 in my Strat and they are awesome IMO. very vintage sounding extremely versatile and great chimey top end with lots of quack in tap And they’re Noiseless

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  An SSL-2/SSL-2/SSL-6 is a solid choice.

+1

If you don't like the SSL-2s, I don't think you like the way single coils sound.
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                    +1

If you don't like the SSL-2s, I don't think you like the way single coils sound.
                    Well. They are quite heavy on the bass compared most other single coils.
                    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Working...
                    X