Newbie Install question? JB into strat bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Install question? JB into strat bridge

Hey im new to modding guitars but i like to play around with different stuff. im looking to install a JB humbucker a friend gave me into my strat, but have been looking into and am confused about the diagrams SD provides. The guitar is 5 way switch 1 vol 2 tone knobs. One says auto split but no sure what that means. Also ive read I may have to reverse the wires on the JB because Fender is different in someway. Any feedback or help would be fantastic.
    Cheers

Dan

Re: Newbie Install question? JB into strat bridge

Auto split means it will coil split the JB in the number 2 position when on with the middle single coil.

Comment

Thanks Toejam, appreciate it !

Comment

Also, make sure your Strat is routed to be able to fit a humbucker in the bridge position

Comment

Make sure that the route is deep enough for the legs.
          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

One other thing to keep in mind is that if the other pickups are Fenders, the JB will be out of phase with them. The solution would be to swap the green & black wires in the diagram.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X