Any hip to Porter Pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any hip to Porter Pickups?

I had a client call me early this morning, asking if I'd ever heard of Porter Pickups. He's thinking of a set for a Strat project in the tube. Anyone have experience beyond what can be found on YouTube?
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Re: Any hip to Porter Pickups?

Porter endorsee. Love the Classics. They respond well to magnet swaps. Great Strat and Tele pickups too

Brian is a pro and a sweetheart. He'll literally build any pickup you want.

Comment

Is he the guy that will wind you any humbucker for $40? The name sounds familiar, but I can't remember if I've ever used his stuff.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
        Is he the guy that will wind you any humbucker for $40? The name sounds familiar, but I can't remember if I've ever used his stuff.
        Not any time lately. But his pickups are stellar and he'll wind whatever you want.

Comment

I really want to try their Ricochet set, just have to decide what to drop them in.
          sigpic
          Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

I checked out his website.... Are those Classics true single coils with hum? My client uses Lace Sensors in one of his Strats, and really likes them.... but is looking for a bit more output.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I like their P90s, and have chatted on Twitter about stuff, very approachable
              My mum says I'm speshal...

Comment

Working...
              X