This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 920d Loaded Strat Pickguard

Has anyone ever used a 920d? If so was it gtg? I have 2012 American Deluxe with the N3 pickups and S1 switch. I don't really use the S1 switch and the N3 bridge is just not hot enough for me. Instead of changing pickups on it I think I would rather keep it like it is and just buy a loaded pickguard. Looking for something like a SSL-1 in the neck. Not really sure about the middle. The bridge maybe a SSL- 5 or something hotter than the N3. I don't want a mini humbucker. I'm sure I would probably like it but the reason I bought this guitar was to have a "humbuckerless" guitar. And here I am trying to get it to sound like a humbucker.lol. Thanks for any help.

Re: 920d Loaded Strat Pickguard

I have a wiring harness from them in my Epi Dot, going on about 8 years now. I'm very happy with it. I'm sure their strat stuff is just as good.

Comment

920d Loaded Strat Pickguard

Did it once, solid work. Much better than my own lol

Bad thing is that it's much more expensive since I tend to buy all pickups used and they obviously don't.

You can't go with with a SSL1-1-5 set.

The deluxe has a compound radius, right? I suggest SSL-2-2-6 then. It's the same but with flat poles which should go better with your guitar, IMHO.
      Last edited by Blille; 09-10-2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
        Did it once, solid work. Much better than my own lol

Bad thing is that it's much more expensive since I tend to buy all pickups used and they obviously don't.

You can't go with with a SSL1-1-5 set.

The deluxe has a compound radius, right? I suggest SSL-2-2-6 then. It's the same but with flat poles which should go better with your guitar, IMHO.
        Thanks for bringing this up to me. I've played Gibsons for 20 years and this is my first Fender. I had no idea there was a difference in the Deluxe models.

Comment

i think the ssl2/ss2/ssl6 combo is a great place to start. you could do the stack versions if you wanted noiseless, classic stack plus neck and middle with a custom stack plus bridge

Comment

Working...
          X