HSH wiring help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSH wiring help.

I would like to wire my HSH strat with a three way slide switch and a toggle on/off/on switch
    to give me independent pickups with the three way,and bridge with neck and bridge with middle pickup using the toggle switch.no coil splits needed.
    is this possible ??
    any help would be great
    regards to all.
    Last edited by andomando; 09-11-2019, 07:58 AM.

Re: HSH wiring help.

I'm not sure exactly what switch selections you had in mind, but I drew the following possible combinations. Let me know which you think would suit you better, and I'll try to post a suitable wiring scheme. The first one uses a "Bridge ON" toggle switch, and that's the simplest way to implement what you asked. The second one requires a 3-position On-On-On toggle, which is more complex to wire but it might be convenient to easily select the neck or bridge position.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Teleplayer for your help.I think both are good,but to keep things simple,i would go with the first set up.
      The wiring would be good to have.
      my best regards.

Comment

There is a wiring diagram that will do that function on the Duncan website. It makes no difference if you prefer to install a 3-way blade, or a 5-way blade switch because they are connected exactly the same.

For humbuckers you should probably use 500k controls, 0.022uf tone cap, and you will require a tone control for the bridge pickup (which is not connected on the diagram above).
        Let me know if this is getting close to what you want or if you have any further requirements, eg. setup for the tone controls.

Comment

I think that link is the 7 way switching that i have on another guitar,
          What makes my problem is the three way switch,,and i like your first example,and would like to see how you would wire it up.
          regards

Comment

Why did you start two threads of the same thing?
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Teleplayer View Post
              There is a wiring diagram that will do that function on the Duncan website. It makes no difference if you prefer to install a 3-way blade, or a 5-way blade switch because they are connected exactly the same.

https://docs.google.com/gview?embedd...1VppENB_2T.pdf
              That diagram is essentially what I suggested in his other thread except I added the neck pup with the toggle switch (or p/p). The end result is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                Why did you start two threads of the same thing?
                Did not know i had it in twice,,not used to posting etc.
                regards

Comment

gotcha. Been there, done that.

Comment

Did you ever work out a wiring diagram for the first drawing you suggested,normal with bridge on..i know you are busy helping a lot of people in this forum and we are all thankful for your help.
                    regards

Comment

Working...
                    X