Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying SSL-6 Pickup

Hi y'all.

I've just bought an SSL-6 from a major store in my area. They took their sweet time to deliver, but no it's here. Action time!
    But something seems wrong. I ordered an rwrp to go between two buckers, wired like an Ibanez Jem, so i'd have humcancelling in the 2 & 4 positions, but the underside is marked 6RW. See pic.
    Did they push an rw on me just to get rid of a customer who thinks a two week delivery time should not balloon into four weeks for no good reason?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-6065.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	5852806

Re: Identifying SSL-6 Pickup

Actually, afaik you do not want an RWRP in the middle of two humbuckers. You need a regular single coil there for hum cancelling in the in between positions

RWRP would work . but then you'd have to split to the outer coils instead and I don't think that's the sound you're going after. I don't know much about JEMs, but the wiring diagrams I'm seeing on Google are splitting to the inner coils. If that's the case you may want to return that for just a regular ssl6.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BeKindRewind; 09-18-2019, 11:20 PM.

Comment

To reverse pole a single coil is easy. Just put it between neomags.
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by BeKindRewind View Post
        Actually, afaik you do not want an RWRP in the middle of two humbuckers. You need a regular single coil there for hum cancelling in the in between positions

RWRP would work . but then you'd have to split to the outer coils instead and I don't think that's the sound you're going after. I don't know much about JEMs, but the wiring diagrams I'm seeing on Google are splitting to the inner coils. If that's the case you may want to return that for just a regular ssl6.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
        I doubt whether you use outer or inner coils matters. It's not much difference.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I'm pretty sure the "rw" means that it's a an RWRP. There's no such thing as an "RW".
          Btw, didn't it come in a box? What does the box say?
          Last edited by ArtieToo; 09-21-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X