banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishman Fluence Classic how to solder coil tap function "voice 3" (1 vol 1 tone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishman Fluence Classic how to solder coil tap function "voice 3" (1 vol 1 tone)

Hi,

I know this forum is an SD forum, and still love and use my SD pickups. I just bought a set of Fishman Fluence Classic humbuckers to give them a try in 1 of my guitars, however (as most people know by now) there's very limited and outdated wiring diagram(s) in the Fishman support webpage. I have contacted Fishman support and they couldn't answer my question

So maybe someone here can hook me up on this one : The Voice 1-Voice 2 function is very straight forward, no doubts on that side. But I see the pickups have a soldering point(s) were it says Coil Tap, and I think one is for inner coils and the other one is for outer coils. what I'm trying to do/know here is which cable or cables needs to be soldered in the push/pull tone knob (I'm using the push/pull volume knob for switching Voice 1-2) to engage the coil tap function ?

Best regards

Re: Fishman Fluence Classic how to solder coil tap function "voice 3" (1 vol 1 tone)

Do you have Rev 5? (Printed on the bottom) if so, this diagram applies:

Or are they older, looking like this?

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Re: Fishman Fluence Classic how to solder coil tap function "voice 3" (1 vol 1 tone)

We do welcome discussion of any kind of pickups here.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you have the pads for coil taps rather than pins in the third position for voice 3, you have two options. You can add a wire to the coil tap(ct) pad and run that to the push pull with the switch grounding when you pull up for inner coils. Or you can run a second wire to the hot pad (H) and have that connect the coil tap wire to split to outer coils. With this you can split the coils and run it through either voicing 1 or 2 giving even more options.

Comment

Working...
        X