Poll screw alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll screw alignment

Just noticed this (after I dont know how man years) on my Epiphone Explorer, First let me mention this guitar has a Stetsbar vibrato on it which I dont think is the problem as I have the same Stetsbar on 2 other guitars and they both line up dead on. I noticed after I did a string change that the strings are not right over the polls of the pups (SD slash signature set). The Explorer plays and sounds great so I dont think Im going to mess with anything but would still like thoughts from you guys as to why this could be happening. The problem is worse over the bridge pup then the neck pup, over the bridge up the strings are off about 3mm at the high E B and G strings toward the bottom of the guitar.

Thoughts?
    "I can't play the blues if Im sad"

Re: Poll screw alignment

Well, first, if you can't hear an issue, then it is fine. But the most common explanation is that the string spacing is a little wider at the bridge. Trembuckers were invented to solve this, although in practice, sometimes you don't hear a difference.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Re: Poll screw alignment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Well, first, if you can't hear an issue, then it is fine. But the most common explanation is that the string spacing is a little wider at the bridge. Trembuckers were invented to solve this, although in practice, sometimes you don't hear a difference.
      I was thinking along the same thought, I did send a message to Eric Stets about this, I have been using his products for a while now and found he is very into working with people to solve problems. In a message I asked him if there is a substitute bridge with tighter spacing.
      "I can't play the blues if Im sad"

Comment

Working...
      X