Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a diagram

Hi all.

So I need a diagram for my Warmoth project.

I have an HSH setup with 2 DPDT sealed CTS pots, and 1 regular pot. All 500k. Standard 5-way blade switch.

I'm not sure what my options would be here, so I want to get that figured out, first.

Re: Need a diagram

Do you want the DPDTs to split the humbuckers to singles?

Comment

Originally posted by GreatOz View Post
      Do you want the DPDTs to split the humbuckers to singles?
      Yeah, but what else can I do, since I have two switches? I mean, do I have to use each switch for an individual humbucker, or can I put both on one pot, and use the other switch for something else?

Comment

You could use one to split both. Then the other could either put one into parallel, or reverse polarity of one.

Comment

the 7 way mod to use the neck and bridge is a good option if you like the in between tone on a les paul for instance, i'm not big on it but something not mentioned yet. Best example of this is David Gilmour's famous black strat he recently sold to charity.

turn the tone capacitor on or off for more brightness , kind of nerdy but surprisingly effective
          add an extra capacitor to make your tone control stronger and to darken the guitar up even at 10 (all the way up) . If you're using a 0.047uf capacitor most I'd use is another 0.047uf

blower switch - slightly brightens up the pickups but no volume or tone controls , had one of these on a guitar for ages
          fender fast way mod
          parallel - much lower output and hum cancelling
          coilsplits - for either a P90 or single coil tone depending on which coil you accentuate on
          phase is always good if you want twangy quack like tones.. however phase reversal you get more out of it using two humbuckers or P90s
          make two pickups go in series - the easiest diagram to find of this is the megabucker, if the pickups are already quite hot this one i do not recommend.

your best bet for the most variety take reference from the seymour duncan P-rail bible wirings on a blog they did back a few years ago. It's not on the wiring generator support website. You get about 3-4 sounds per position with humbuckers in it. Of course the middle pickup would be doing nothing but still, it's your best option if you like the idea of versatility. Personally I'm a big fan of P-rail bible wiring #2 and don't worry you don't need P-rails with this wiring. I've used three SD cool rails or dissected a quad rail humbucker of some sort and had great results.

Comment

Working...
          X