banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Humbuckers, 3 volumes, 1 spin a split (for bridge only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Humbuckers, 3 volumes, 1 spin a split (for bridge only)

Hi

Okay good folks, I need a diagram for three Humbuckers where I can dial in the middle pickup, sacrificing a tone pot, in order to get the following:

1 - bridge/middle
    2 - bridge/middle/neck
    3 - middle/neck

And when the middle volume is turned down you get:

1 - bridge
    2 - bridge / neck
    3 - neck

That’s fairly common, but there is a but....

But.... instead of having a master tone, I want 1 spin a split just for the bridge pickup instead of the tone. Can’t seem to find a diagram anywhere?

Just to note all three Humbuckers are 4 wire splittable pickups.

Hope someone can help?

Cheers
    Craig

Re: 3 Humbuckers, 3 volumes, 1 spin a split (for bridge only)

Duncan has already done this, with the exception of adding the simple mod of converting the tone to a spin-a-split. (Ignore the "master tone" label. I forgot to delete it.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	3H_3V_spin-a-split.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	5817096

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      Duncan has already done this, with the exception of adding the simple mod of converting the tone to a spin-a-split. (Ignore the "master tone" label. I forgot to delete it.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101070[/ATTACH]
      Hi

I did see that one, but thanks for sending it over. I’m just confused how to wire the bridge pickup for spin o split with this diagram as the middle pickup seems to going to the spin o split (old master tone) pot?

Comment

Oops. Sorry My bad. Just run the bridge red/white to the same place on the pot as the middle pups. Then short the middle pups red/white together.

Comment

I'm a big fan of spin-a-split, but why put it on a bridge PU? It adds treble and thins out mids to a PU that's inherently in a bright/thin location. It's far more beneficial in the neck slot for cleaning up dark, muddy tones.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
            I'm a big fan of spin-a-split, but why put it on a bridge PU? It adds treble and thins out mids to a PU that's inherently in a bright/thin location. It's far more beneficial in the neck slot for cleaning up dark, muddy tones.
            Hi, thanks for your reply. That’s great stuff��

Ah, I should have said they are Mini Humbuckers. It’s for making my Firebird a three pickup. The bridge is quite high output (14k) so I figured i may be able to get a cleaner ‘bridge/neck on’ tone if I rolled back the bridge? I know it won’t be a strat-like quack but it could be interesting?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X