No announcement yet.

Schecter C-1+ bridge pickup no sound...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Schecter C-1+ bridge pickup no sound...

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    Yes. Asian-made pots have a smaller diameter shaft. American pots like CTS are slightly larger and require the hole to be reamed out slightly.

By "cover" are you referring to the control knob? If so, the size (diameter) is the same, but the knurl on the split shaft is different. The knobs for Asian pots will not fit the CTS pots and vice versa.

Also, some pots come with solid shafts. You need to use knobs (no knurl, but with a set screw) specifically designed for those.
    I see thanks.
    I suppose the existing ones are Chinese 500k so replacing with Asian pot would not be a downgrade.
    I want to keep the chrome knob so it matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystery View Post
      I see thanks.
      I suppose the existing ones are Chinese 500k so replacing with Asian pot would not be a downgrade.
      I want to keep the chrome knob so it matches.
      CTS makes an Asian sized pot too...you could look into that as well. You’d be able to upgrade the pots without having to ream out the holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
        CTS makes an Asian sized pot too...you could look into that as well. You’d be able to upgrade the pots without having to ream out the holes.
        So what should I search for size wise?
        What's their size in mm?

Comment

Schecter C-1+ bridge pickup no sound...

So what should I search for size wise?
          What's their size in mm?

Now you just need to figure out if you need the coarse spline or fine spline so your current knobs will fit.

Comment

It's been a while.
            I haven't done anything yet on my C1+.
            I want to hot wire the bridge pickup to full volume so no need to use the volume knob.
            I see there are three lugs/pins on the pot.
            Green wire on the left.
            White wire on the middle and
            White and ground on the right.
            To bypass the volume, do I join green and white together or green and the last one?
            The white wire lug and the last one looks connected already with the pot's ground.
            Does anyone has wiring diagram of C1+? Mine doesn't have coil split.
            thanks
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Schecter-c1-plus-wiring-IMG_20200423_142941218-s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	5818901

Comment

It's been a while.
              I haven't done anything yet on my C1+.
              I want to hot wire the bridge pickup to full volume so no need to use the volume knob.
              I see there are three lugs/pins on the pot.
              Green wire on the left.
              White wire on the middle and
              White and ground on the right.
              To bypass the volume, do I join green and white together or green and the last one?
              The white wire lug and the last one looks connected already with the pot's ground.
              Does anyone has wiring diagram of C1+? Mine doesn't have coil split.
              thanks
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]104435[/ATTACH]
              That pot looks to me like why you are getting no sound. The green wire lug shouldn’t be turned out sideways touching the the side of the pot (that short circuits all sound from the bridge pickup, not even sure how the previous owner did that without tearing the lug off completely) and the middle lug should not be connected to ground with the third lug, if that’s what’s happening. You drew arrows on top of the connections so I can’t see it completely.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                That pot looks to me like why you are getting no sound. The green wire lug shouldn’t be turned out sideways touching the the side of the pot (that short circuits all sound from the bridge pickup, not even sure how the previous owner did that without tearing the lug off completely) and the middle lug should not be connected to ground with the third lug, if that’s what’s happening. You drew arrows on top of the connections so I can’t see it completely.
                I see. Here's another picture that shows the wires from red are connected to the ground, middle and the right lugs.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Schecter-c1-plus-wiring-IMG_20200424_111152145_1-s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	5818904

Not only the wiring, the pickup is also messed up.
                There's a lot of slack on the shaft when I pull and it works when pulled and wiggled.
                It needs replacement regardless of the wiring as the lugs are messed up as well.
                There's a wiring diagram on Scribd but need subscription to download.
                Anyone have it handy?
                Wiring for model: C-1 Plus Neck pickup: Duncan Designed HB-102n Bridge pickup: db-102b 3w ay 3-way switch settings 1 Neck push / pull in DOWN position. Bridge Volume 500k. Neck Volume 500k Red. Bridge = ground. This symbol is found where any ground connection should be soldered. Tip (hot output) Sleeve (ground) Output Jack For technical or warranty questions please email:

Edit: Although that wiring is for C1 plus, it looks different as the tone pot on mine doesn't have the small piece where red wires connect to.
                The tone pot also looks same as volume except it has a green capacitor.
                Last edited by Mystery; 04-24-2020, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X