Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tele like build

UHi guys,

Had a quick look for this kind of stuff. No doubt it’s in here somewhere but...

Just in the process of spec’ing out a new guitar I’m going to make and needed some advice on the pickup/wiring front. It’s going to be a Tele format (although probably more of a strat like body) with fixed or straight through neck. Undecided on wood yet but a laminated neck of some format. No pick guard so neck pickup needs to work/look good without one!

Sound wise though I am not keen on the more piercing sounds of a standard Tele. I prefer more rounded bluesy, clear, smooth tones. Texas blues, Gary Moore blues, Clapton so possibly a bit of guts/grit in there but not too much. Can’t play it but that’s what I’m looking for . So perhaps a slightly hot bridge pickup maybe but not full on rock style. Open to suggestions.

I also want the guitar to be as versatile as possible so suggestions of wiring/push pull switches etc greatly appreciated. I believe the Fender Baja Tele is good from this point. Anyways, going overboard with wiring isn’t an issue if the sounds is right in the first place!

Any suggsetions?

Many thanks.
    Last edited by Outcycling; 09-26-2019, 07:17 AM.

Re: New Tele like build

Ah ha, problem solved. I didn’t realise you could buy pickup rings so can put anything I want in. Ta.

Originally posted by Outcycling View Post
    UHi guys,

Had a quick look for this kind of stuff. No doubt it’s in here somewhere but...

Just in the process of spec’ing out a new guitar I’m going to make and needed some advice on the pickup/wiring front. It’s going to be a Tele format (although probably more of a strat like body) with fixed or straight through neck. Undecided on wood yet but a laminated neck of some format. No pick guard so neck pickup needs to work/look good without one!

Sound wise though I am not keen on the more piercing sounds of a standard Tele. I prefer more rounded bluesy, clear, smooth tones. Texas blues, Gary Moore blues, Clapton so possibly a bit of guts/grit in there but not too much. Can’t play it but that’s what I’m looking for . So perhaps a slightly hot bridge pickup maybe but not full on rock style. Open to suggestions.

I also want the guitar to be as versatile as possible so suggestions of wiring/push pull switches etc greatly appreciated. I believe the Fender Baja Tele is good from this point. Anyways, going overboard with wiring isn’t an issue if the sounds is right in the first place!

Any suggsetions?

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X