P-Rail + 12-string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P-Rail + 12-string?

Anyone put a P-Rail (original, not Hot) in a Gibson-scale 12-string? Not really unhappy with the Gibsons, but if there's "better" available.......

I know, "define better". Like I said, not totally unhappy with the current pickups, and I'm currently only doing cleans with it, so a high-output shred pickup really isn't going to do much for it.

Re: P-Rail + 12-string?

Well, I always think searching for 'better' is more or less always gonna be a sideways step, unless your need for change comes more into focus. You will gain a bunch of different sounds, with the P90 coil being the best for pure cleans. Switching from there will get a little darker.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Re: P-Rail + 12-string?

I'm thinking Parallel 12st mike be a sweet sound!
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

So after 4 1/2 years since this post, I’m doing it. Maybe. Unless MF drops the ball again. Lol

Comment

Nice. Bare in mind it has two magnets to play around with if you feel the need to sculpt your tone away from stock
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Rail handles string alignment (Not that that is a huge issue)
            P-90 has balls
            Humbucking makes it uber hot (Too hot)
            Parallel is gonna be where it is at I'm telling' ya!!!!
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
            X