banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pickup recommendations for my custom guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup recommendations for my custom guitar?

I'm in the process of building a superstrat style guitar from Warmoth parts...here are the details...

-alder Fender Strat style, single hum rear routed, hardtail bridge
    -maple/maple reverse hockey stick headstock neck, jumbo frets
    -D'Addario 11-52 nickle plated strings

I want to get a bridge pickup that will give me thick, fat leads with the treble rolled back and that also excells at tight rhythm work. I play through a 1x12 Tech 21 Trademark amp for home and a soon to be a Engl Powerball into a 4x12 cab. I love fat thick lead tones like Michael Schenker gets. What Duncan bridge model would be the best for this? I pretty much play straight up classic heavy metal along the lines of UFO, Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Judas Priest, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond. I'm looking for tight low end and fat leads. Any contenders in the Duncan arena? Thanks for anyone who can help!

Re: Pickup recommendations for my custom guitar?

Originally posted by Anthem
    I'm in the process of building a superstrat style guitar from Warmoth parts...here are the details...

-alder Fender Strat style, single hum rear routed, hardtail bridge
    -maple/maple reverse hockey stick headstock neck, jumbo frets
    -D'Addario 11-52 nickle plated strings

I want to get a bridge pickup that will give me thick, fat leads with the treble rolled back and that also excells at tight rhythm work. I play through a 1x12 Tech 21 Trademark amp for home and a soon to be a Engl Powerball into a 4x12 cab. I love fat thick lead tones like Michael Schenker gets. What Duncan bridge model would be the best for this? I pretty much play straight up classic heavy metal along the lines of UFO, Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Judas Priest, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond. I'm looking for tight low end and fat leads. Any contenders in the Duncan arena? Thanks for anyone who can help!
    Try A CC or C5.

Comment

Re: Pickup recommendations for my custom guitar?

Stay away from the C5 if you want "fat leads with the treble rolled back". I'd go for the Custom or Custom Custom.
      This machine kills fascists

Comment

Working...
      X