Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiMarzio PAF Master Neck or SD Jazz Neck

Hi there,

Has anyone tried the PAF Master neck model? Wondering, how it can be compared with famouse Duncan Jazz. Both are low-output, bright neck pickups, which of them will be fuller-sounding?
    Fender Electric XII (1966), Fender Villager (1967), Fender Shenandoah (1967), Fender Strat XII (2003), Fender CD140S-12 (2008), Fender Tele Am. Dlx (2005), Fender Std Tele (1992), Squier Affinity Tele (2008), Ovation Pacemaker (1977)

Re: DiMarzio PAF Master Neck or SD Jazz Neck

Not sure about the DiMarzio, but imo they tend to be a bit darker sounding than an "equivalent" SD pup. In any case, my choice would be the Jazz, my favorite and one of the best sounding neck pups made.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Re: DiMarzio PAF Master Neck or SD Jazz Neck

The PAF Master neck is not “bright” IME. It’s an absolutely brilliant sounding pickup IMO. It’s sweeter and more full/middy/warm sounding than the Jazz neck, yet also lower in output. The Jazz is more about top end cut through, and it’s actually a pretty strong output neck pickup. The PAF Master has a more classic PAF sound. The closest Duncan I’ve played is the WLH neck, in that it’s full, yet clear. The WLH is louder, but in terms of e.q. and clarity, it’s pretty similar to the PAF Master Neck. It’s kind of like the PAF Master Neck is a WLH Neck Neck.
      Last edited by ItsaBass; 03-08-2020, 01:18 PM.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Yogi Berra was correct.
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X