This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to translate the Wiring Color Code

Hi everyone! So I'm looking to drop in a TB-59 into my jag, however, I'm not sure what wires go where since the color code on the SD is different than the fender humbucker.

Can anyone help me translate the colors? My internet searches gave me:

Fender black= SD red
    Fender red= SD green
    Fender green= SD black
    Fender white= SD white

The end result is that when I slide the switch up I can barely hear one coil (super faint). With the switch down I get the full humbucker but in sounds thin. I know I have the wires wrong and colors translated wrong.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200316-194227.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	5853648

Re: Looking to translate the Wiring Color Code

Google is your friend.

[IMG] https://www.seymourduncan.com/wp-con...olor_Codes.jpg
    [/IMG]

Comment

Dreezy, your wire color code translation is correct. Check out the link in Beau's post.

If your sound isn't right it's because of your wiring not following the proper color coding. Make that correction and your guitar should sound fine.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
        Dreezy, your wire color code translation is correct. Check out the link in Beau's post.

If your sound isn't right it's because of your wiring not following the proper color coding. Make that correction and your guitar should sound fine.
        After reviewing the color coding from above, looks like i translated it correctly. The bare wire i wired to ground at the ground lug on the body.
        Last edited by Dreezy2250; 03-17-2020, 04:11 PM.

Comment

The only wire in question is the white (North Finish). You see it come out from the pickup but then you dont see where its soldered. You do see a rectangular white object right after the split of all the wires. The bare wire is silver and is seen going to ground. Should the white (north finish for SD and Fender) be taped off and not connected anywhere?

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen shot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	5818484

Comment

https://guitarelectronics.com/guitar...e-color-codes/

Comment

Originally posted by Dreezy2250 View Post
              The only wire in question is the white (North Finish). You see it come out from the pickup but then you dont see where its soldered. You do see a rectangular white object right after the split of all the wires. The bare wire is silver and is seen going to ground. Should the white (north finish for SD and Fender) be taped off and not connected anywhere?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103781[/ATTACH]
              Er, both the wires you reference are joined under the heatshrink section in the diagram. Thats the coil split switch connection - and when not selected, the series connection that actually makes the humbucker work as intended.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X