Suggestions for a Firebird-ish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a Firebird-ish

My silverburst Kauer Banshee is a great guitar but I just haven't been able to find a pickup that I like in the bridge. I'd like to be able to use it with roughly the same settings on my amp/Kemper as I use with my other guitars. The guitar is pretty mid heavy and my usual A2 options are muddy and lacking top end. Most recently, I tried a TB-16 and all the various magnet swaps. Stock A5 isn't bad but a little too much sizzle on the top end. It came with a SNS set and they just sounded dead in this guitar. The Full Shred neck is there to stay, but I need to find the right bridge pickup. I'm thinking something with a little more top end than an APH1, but not dramatically so and possibly a little hotter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Suggestions for a Firebird-ish

APH1 or Slash with UOA5 might work for you.

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk
    "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” --John Lennon

Comment

did you try a2 magnet in the sns? a slash bridge might be good

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        did you try a2 magnet in the sns? a slash bridge might be good
        I tried everything (A2, A3, A4, A5, UOA5, A8) in the SNS and an APH1. I didn't think the Slash would be enough, but I could always pull the one in my LP. I was debating a PG+ or something like that, too.

Comment

if the slash isnt enough, then the pg+ wont be either. a cs pg would be sweet but $$ maybe a3 in something you have? little cleaner bottom than a2

i have a sns set just sitting there and im temped to put a2 mags in since im an a2 bucker junkie. trembucker spaced, 4.75k screw coil 5.11k stud. can you go into what you didnt like about both the a4 and a2?

Comment

Ant bridge with an UOA5
            I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

i had an ant bridge with uoa5 in the bridge of my hamer monaco elite for a while, great pup but im too much of an a2 junkie so went back to stock.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
                The guitar is pretty mid heavy and my usual A2 options are muddy and lacking top end. Most recently, I tried a TB-16 and all the various magnet swaps. Stock A5 isn't bad but a little too much sizzle on the top end. I'm thinking something with a little more top end than an APH1, but not dramatically so and possibly a little hotter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
                59 with an A4 is this for me. APH1 with more top end, little bit more balanced, a touch more bottom and even EQ overall makes it seem hotter in response and in level hitting the amp. (Don’t know if it actually is hotter)

Comment

Working...
                X