banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is less powerful then hot rails but is powerful yet strat like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is less powerful then hot rails but is powerful yet strat like?

I am loking for full pickup replacement for all 3 positions. I have a Hot Rails-B, Duckbucker - M, and Lil 59 neck which was actually great but lacking the strat tone.

does anything have balls and power yet has strat tones?

Re: What is less powerful then hot rails but is powerful yet strat like?

I'd go with a Twangbanger bridge and 2 Antiquity Texas hots for what you're looking for.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Part of the strat tone, i think, is the true single coil sound. Buckers can simulate, but never quite get it. I'm assuming that it is for a strat like guitar? I use APS 1s and they sound very authentic in my strat. By balls, if you mean Les Paul Full Rocking "Girth", then no. But balls of another type. If you find the pups need more output, try the booster from SD.

Also, if only i had another strat id go with the arrangement Gearjoneser recommended above.... aaaah if only
      '96 MIM Fender Strat: nck-APS1 + mid-APS1 Alnc II Pro Stg RwRp + brdg-Lil '59
      Korea Squire '97 Strat: The MIM's stock pups
      Epiphone '96 Sheraton: Stock 'buckers
      Samick Tele: Tele HotRails in bridge + stock neck

Comment

Try a hot rails in parellel!
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

COOL RAILS

COOL RAILS

COOL RAILS

Does exactly what you're looking for. It's one of my favorite duncan pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
            I'd go with a Twangbanger bridge and 2 Antiquity Texas hots for what you're looking for.
            I use the Twangbanger in the bridge (with APS-2 singles) and it's killer for that strat vibe with some extra punch.
            After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Working...
            X