Looking for RWRP middle pup for tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for RWRP middle pup for tele

Hi. I am interested in adding a middle pup to my tele. In the neck I have a STR-1 Vintage tele, and in the bridge there is a Alnico 2 pro. What I want to do is add a 5 position switch and a RWRP pup to get some quack from 2 and 4 that also has some noise reduction. Does Seymour Duncan have a pup for this configuration? Thanks

Re: Looking for RWRP middle pup for tele

So you want the Nashville Tele setup? Tele neck and bridge with strat middle?

Right now, your two pickups should e be noiseless in the middle position, right? If so, they are RWRP to each other. Adding a middle pickup will allow hum cancellation with either the neck or the bridge, not both.

How will you wire it, and what will be your top positions? With a three pickup guitar, there are 7 pickup combinations. With standard single coils, only two can be him cancelling.

Bridge
    Middle
    Neck
    Bridge/Middle
    Bridge/Neck
    Middle/Neck
    Bridge/Middle/Neck

If you want Bridge/Neck to remain hum canceling, by choosing the right middle pickup you can either have hum cancelling on N/M or B/M. If you don’t care about him canceling for Neck and Bridge, you can replace one of those along with the middle and have the Strat postions cancel hum but not the Bridge/Neck.

The final option is just stack pickups, then everything is noiseless.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by DO_NOT_DELETE View Post
      Hi. I am interested in adding a middle pup to my tele. In the neck I have a STR-1 Vintage tele, and in the bridge there is a Alnico 2 pro. What I want to do is add a 5 position switch and a RWRP pup to get some quack from 2 and 4 that also has some noise reduction. Does Seymour Duncan have a pup for this configuration? Thanks
      If you want hum canceling in position 2 and 4 you cannot have it when you run old Tele style neck+bridge.

As PFDarkside pointed out, if you currently have noise canceling in neck+bridge then you need to pick either position 2 or 4 to be hum canceling. If you currently have no hum canceling you can just treat the whole thing like a Stratocaster.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

You do have some choices to make here. Are your pickups hum-cancelling when on together now? If they are, then see the previous 2 messages. If not, then you have some choices. I'd think a rw/rp pickup like a Five Two might be a great choice, especially with your current pickups.

Where is it more important to have hum-cancelling? There are 5 ways switches that allow neck & bridge in the middle position, so you don't give up your middle Tele position in position 3.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X