Is this wiring possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this wiring possible

Does anyone here know if you can use a 5 way switch 2 hums and get 1-Bridge full, 2- Bridge single, 3-Bridge/Neck singles (closest possible tone to the bridge/middle of a SSS strat) 4-Neck single 5- Neck full.

Long story short but I’d like to avoid push/pull pots because I have very limited space in the cavity.

Thanks all!

Re: Is this wiring possible

You can, but you'd need the Superswitch version of the 5-way.

Comment

Re: Is this wiring possible

Originally posted by stm113 View Post
      Does anyone here know if you can use a 5 way switch 2 hums and get 1-Bridge full, 2- Bridge single, 3-Bridge/Neck singles (closest possible tone to the bridge/middle of a SSS strat) 4-Neck single 5- Neck full.

Long story short but I’d like to avoid push/pull pots because I have very limited space in the cavity.

Thanks all!
      If you use a 5 way superswitch instead of a 2 pole ("standard") 5 way switch, yes, its easy to get all five of those.

But with a standard 5 way switch, you can't get each singlecoil by itself *and* the two splitcoils combined. You can get close to that, like the two splits combined, and one of the splits alone. Instead of the other coilsplit by itself, you would get both full humbuckers combined. If that interests you, let me know which of the two humbuckers you would like in the split by itself position, and I will mod a diagram for you to do that. Head's up: this method has the pickup combinations mapped out to the 5 switch positions in an unusual way, which would be:
      1. Bridge humbucker
      2. Neck and bridge humbucker
      3. Neck humbucker
      4. One humbucker split
      5. Both humbuckers split.
      Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 06-16-2020, 09:32 PM.
      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Working...
      X