Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on idintifying a humbucker!

Hi guys,
    I recently worked on a friends guitar to replace pups, the first one that camre out was a SD 59B (4conductor) that s what the seller told him was in it so no problem there.
    I got the neck humbucker out an that one does look a lot like an open spaced Gibson bucker, but so many do, it's 2 conductor and the only marking on the back of the pup is a PAT:number, i don't remeber precisely but i ll sure look it up. It should be the Gibson 490R, but i ll feel lucky if someone helps me out on this one.
    Thanks for any repplies guys!
    "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Re: Need help on idintifying a humbucker!

That's one of the thingd I hate about Gibson pickups. They never mark them so you'll know what they are. When I took them out of my Les Pauls I marked them on the back with a Sharpie so I'd know what they were if need be. I guess about the only way to find out what they are is to measure their resistance.

Comment

Re: Need help on idintifying a humbucker!

Well these were marked with just a PATENT NUMBER (i try and look it up for you what the exact number was. But in anywhay they really should mark some pups better that's for sure.
      "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Working...
      X