The black arrows in the chematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The black arrows in the chematics

I can read that the black downward pointing arrows should be grounded. I will use this http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...1hum_1vol.html
    chematic. There are 3 black arrows. Should all these be soldered to the back of the volume pot?

The guitar will have a hardtail bridge. Should any wires(which wire?) be soldered to the bridge ( I know this is done with tremolo guitars but I don't know about hardtails) in that case, how do I do that since there will be no tremolo cavity to solder it to?

Re: The black arrows in the chematics

They should all be soldered together, and connected to the negative side of the output jack. Thats the most important "ground". Most guitars also have the ground connected to the back of the pots and the bridge.

Oh yeah . . . Welcome to the forum.

Artie

btw - Those aren't black arrows. They're supposed to look like this:
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 04-09-2005, 05:44 PM.

Comment

So in this schematic I should solder the green and two black wires together with each other, then solder them to the negative side of the output jack...which is the negative side? The outputjack has two "arms"(don't know what it's called). One short and one long. Which one is the negative?

Comment

Yes. The black wires in that diagram - not the ones on the pup.

Look at the jack carefully. Its the lug thats connected to the center portion of the jack.

The red arrows:

Comment

It will have a hardtail bridge (with of course no tremolo cavity). How will I be able to ground that?

Comment

On my Patriot, (which is a hardtail), there's a small hole drilled at an angle from underneath where the bridge mounts, down into the pickup cavity. The ground wire is soldered to a "star-grounding" washer, and placed under the bridge. The bridge is then bolted down to the body, clamping the washer between the bridge and the wood.

Those star-grounding washers look like a lock-washer, with a small soldering lug on the side. You should be able to find one in an electronics parts store.

As an alternative, just coil up some bare wire and lay it under the bridge the same way. It should make a decent connection when you bolt the bridge back down.

Comment

Working...
            X