Are all SD pups made in CA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are all SD pups made in CA?

All of the threads about the Users Group Day got me to thinking ... (and yes, I'm jealous!! )

When these lucky few get to tour the facilities, will they actually get to see pickups in various stages of construction? Or just the custom shop pickups? I don't know if the Duncan Design pups are made in Santa Barbara (and wouldn't be suprised if they're not), but how about the rest of the pups?

(and if they are, if someone could see fit to jocking a Screamin' Demon, I'd be much obliged )
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Re: Are all SD pups made in CA?

If a pickup says "Seymour Duncan" or "Basslines" or "Antiquity" or "Benedetto" on it, it's made in our Santa Barbara factory. If it says "Duncan Performer" or "Duncan Designed" then it's made in our Korean factory. (BTW, all "Duncan Performer" pickups are tested and packed in Santa Barbara).

The UDG tour will mostly go through the main production floor. And yes, you'll get to see pickups in all stages of construction, from grinding magnets and fabricating (single coil) bobbins, to winding, to hook-up, to potting to final QC and packing.

We'll also go through the custom shop, but you have to realize the custom shop is a tiny room that can hold maybe ten people in it. It'll be 95% production floor, 5% custom shop.

And there'll be no jocking of anyone's demon...
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Re: Are all SD pups made in CA?

Originally posted by Evan Skopp
      IAnd there'll be no jocking of anyone's demon...
      Awww, you're no fun

Thanx for the info, Evan !!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
      X