Ok heres the plan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok heres the plan...

I am a man who loves his punk and metal, my first guitar was a tele but i was a little disappointed with it (it was squier but still). i love my current guitar (Jackson Dinky India made me thinks) But i want to get a fender strat (not a squier) and i was wondering would i like this if i did not like my tele, i don't have much experiance with single coils (the tele had humbuckers as well as my jack) can anyone give me some insight as to whether or not i can get a nice metal/punkish sound with single coils? anyone wanna tell me why they like their strats?

Re: Ok heres the plan...

Your best bet is to try out a Strat and see for yourself.

You will probably want to use either a full sized humbucker in the bridge, something like a JB Jr or a Hot Rails to get the kind of tones you are looking for.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I hated Strats for a long time, and now one has become my second favorite guitar. There's got to be a Fender dealer in your area, so why not go check out a few, like TO said.

I use a Livewire Hot for Strat in the bridge of mine, and it's great for metal.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

(intelligent response coming...) cool!

Comment

Working...
        X