7 string pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 string pickup

I was wondering exactly how much it would be to get an Alnico 2 Pro Humbucker made for a 7 string guitar? I was considering the 59 but I think it would be a little strong for what I am looking for, and the Dimarzio Air Norton but I think it's a little too focussed and middy for what I want. I'm planning on pairing it with a Custom in the bridge with taps on both pu's for more versatility.

I welcome all input.

Re: 7 string pickup

You can get any of the 7 string models with an A2 magnet for an extra $20, at least that's what they told me. I know it's $20 to have a magnet changed in any pickup, but if you're ordering something NEW with an A2 then I'm not sure where they $20 comes from since they have to put SOME magnet in there when they're making it and it's not any harder to put in an A2 than any other magnet.

Comment

You consider the jazz model yet? They make em for 7's too. Bit less output than a '59, though its still an alnico 5.

Comment

I want to stay away from alnico 5 for this one, a little too much bottom end. What kinda character would an alnico 2 jazz model have? or even an alnico 2 59?

Comment

Bumpage

Comment

As the owner of 2 duncan-equipped 7-strings, I can honestly that the Jazz really isn't very bottomy to me . . . nice and balanced actually. Its a fairly soft pickup overall, and I find it pretty hard to get a bad sound out of it. I guess its all to taste though.

What model of guitar is it? What's your rig? What sort of sound are you going for?
            So much tone, so little time . . .

Comment

the guitar is an ESP ltd H-207, ash body, rosewood board, hardtail, I play through a 5150 2 head, no effects, I'm looking for something to go with a Custom in the bridge. It has to be able to do the clean thing real well (no worries with the jazz) have a nice open tone, and be able to do the distorted lead thing(my top priority)

Comment

Working...
              X