Help! What is this SD pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! What is this SD pickup?

Hi guys, it's a humbucker with no identification, black, screw type pole pieces, only sticker on bottom saying BJ (I guess from looking at a previous post this means it's a bridge?).

The guy said it was a full shred, but am I right in understanding the full shred has allen key screw type pole pieces? (these are normal, flat head screwdriver type screws)

Any thoughts?

Re: Help! What is this SD pickup?

From the sticker, it would be either a Fullshred bridge or an Invader bridge...itīs possible that somebody changesd out the poles (a relatively common mod, changes the tone)

Look between the bobbins and the plate: are there 3 magnets or one? If there are 3, itīs almost certain that someone grabbed an invader and did the "Faux-Dirty Fingers Mod" on it (Replacing the large hex poles on an Invader w/ normal screws comes quite close to a Gibson Dirty Fingers, tonally..)

If thereīs only one magnet, then the Fullshred theory getīs somne extra weight...

*edit* Also, measure the DC Resistance (if you have an Ommeter / Multimeter handy)..a Fullshred should be in the mid to high 14k range, an Invader should be in the high 16k to low 17k range .....
    Last edited by Zerberus; 04-17-2005, 04:23 AM.
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply... Excuse my ignorance, but how do I check the number of magnets?

Comment

maybe i'm missing something but if you have the time to tear it apart and count the magnets, why don't you just install it if you can. The tone will be the best thing to identify it.
        - 03 B.C. Rich Custom Shop Stealth EMG 81(n)/89(m)/60(n)
        - 04 Malmsteen Sig. Strat DMZ HS-3(b)/YJM(m)/YJM(n)
        - 05 Line 6 Variax 700
        - 08 Schecter C-7 Hellraiser Blackout N/B
        - 04 B.C. Rich NJ beast(Speedloader) SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
        - 99 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
        - Clarity(by Johnson) Ovation Copy
        - Takamine acoustic(not sure abut year and model)
        -Engl Sovereign 100 Vintage 1x12 Combo + Engl Pro 4x12 (V30s)

Comment

Working...
        X