Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan '59 model to my Sg Special

Hello!

I`m looking forward to buy a Seymour Duncan 59 model bridge PU to my Gibson Sg Special. I just wonder which one I have to pick, sh-1b or tb59-1b??? Has anybody tried 59 PU to Sg Special??? So what was the sound like???

You want the sh-1b for an SG. I think the tb59-1 is the trembucker version.
    -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
    Vox VT15
    Washburn D10SCE
    Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

Re: Seymour Duncan '59 model to my Sg Special

Originally posted by will haven
      Hello!

I`m looking forward to buy a Seymour Duncan 59 model bridge PU to my Gibson Sg Special. I just wonder which one I have to pick, sh-1b or tb59-1b??? Has anybody tried 59 PU to Sg Special??? So what was the sound like???
      I own a Gibson SG Standard and all SGs are pretty bright in the bridge position...The 59B is a great choice if you want note articulation and a nice vintage PAF type of tone.If you want more overall balls and fullness of tone then the Custom Custom is a great choice...I'm currently using a Dimarzio Fred that I put a nickel cover on and replaced the 6 allen screws with standard screws and I Love it..It's a 10k pickup with great harmonics,articulation,and fullness of tone without the extra mids that the Custom series gives...I wanted more fullness of tone but without the obnoxious extra mids...The 59 and the Fred are both great pickups...The Custom and the C5 would get you there also..

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

the 59 is a great all around pickup and can give you a real classic sound, great for rythym and lead. it will have a bright, articulate, full tone.
        Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Hi dude!

I loaded my Gibson SG Special with '59s and didnt like the results.

I was using them in the Epiphone version, very nice match, but they did't balance very well with the real Gibson, at least, in mine.

I went with Antiquities. Excellent match !

BUT, they might sound fine in your SG. Just talking about personal experience... our guitars might be different. One thing is sure, the '59 is a pretty damn good start to fine tune your tone, and will be better than the stock Gibson p'ups.
          Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Working...
          X