banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trembucker (TB-59) and 2 Cool Rails Wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trembucker (TB-59) and 2 Cool Rails Wiring?

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post to the forum. I searched for this, but did not find my specific answer. I have never wired a guitar before, so this is somewhat new to me. I have a Trembucker (TB-59) and 2 Strat Cool Rails that I am installing in a Soloist style body.
    The body currently has two pots and a three way switch and a microswitch installed in it. I will probably be getting rid of all of those. The pots are probably 250 ohm post for single coils and the 3-way switch will be inadequate for the many ways to wire the three pickups that I have. I do not know what the microswitch configuration is.
    I have studied the wiring diagrams on this site and none of them seem to relate to my specific situation. The fact that all of my PU's are actually Humbuckers is what throws me off. It's not the same as a 3 pickup LP. Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram that would get me started with my configuration? All of these can be coil-tapped and the the phase between the separate coils of the various pickups could be all over the place. I guess I am starting with a bit too complex of a setup?
    Thanks for any help that you all can provide.

Al

Re: Trembucker (TB-59) and 2 Cool Rails Wiring?

Hi Al; Welcome to the forum. I popped over to the Jackson website just to see what we're dealing with here. Its odd that the specs on the Soloist describe using a 3-way to select:

1. neck
    2. neck and bridge
    3. bridge

They never make any mention of the middle pickup being turned on. I'm not sure what thats all about, but as for what you have now, it seems to me that a good starting point would be to replace the 3-way with a 5-way, and wire it up in basic Strat-style.

You can tie all the red/white wires of your pups together, (individually, not all together), run the green/bare wires to ground, and then just deal with the three black "hot" wires. That would at least, get you started.

Then, if you wanted to add coil-splitting, or parallel, or phase-switching, you could do so with push/pull pots at any time. You can also do some degree of coil-splitting with the 5-way. You really have quite a few options, with a finite number of switches, but the basic Strat 5-way would be a good start.

Edit: One more thing . . . I have an HSS setup in my Genny, and I really like my idea of switching the neck and middle wires on the 5-way, so that I can still get the neck/bridge combo.
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 04-18-2005, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X