X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is Duncan Designed SC-104?

it is used on this schecter hellcat model

nice design!
    similar to fender cyclone2 which I have. cyclone2 has fender classic jaguar pickups.

Re: what is Duncan Designed SC-104?

It's a cool new pickup that I had fun designing, together with Michael Ciravolo and Marc LaCorte at Schecter. Tonally, it's somewhere between the USA-made SSL-2 Vintage flat and SSL-6 Custom Flat. But that metal surround focuses the tone a certain way -- kind of similar to the "claw" on the Jaguar.

If you haven't heard it yet, you'll dig it.
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp
      But that metal surround focuses the tone a certain way -- kind of similar to the "claw" on the Jaguar.
      If you haven't heard it yet, you'll dig it.
      what certain way?
      robert smith and perry bamonte of the cure both play a fender jaguar with three pickups. I loved the bell like tone of that guitar on a lot of their songs that's why I bought fender cyclone2 with 3 jaguar pickups and a strat trem. Now the cure endorses schecter I am not surprised they have the new hellcat model that looks like a jag with a jag trem and three jag like pickups. did you design it for the cure? just check the price on it, not bad
      the cure was my absolute favourite band when I was in high school and college. I still consider them one of the best bands of all time.

Comment

is it also quieter than a regular single coil?
        I know jag pickups are quieter.

Comment

Working...
        X